Heat pump for heating
Comfort Plus System Installed with a Heat Pump
Heat pump systems are one of the most efficient methods of heating and cooling. Utilizing a Comfort Plus unit with a heat pump allows the heat pump's high efficiency to be combined with off-peak electric rates making this heating and cooling system the lowest operation cost option. In addition, the Comfort Plus unit ensures comfort regardless of outdoor temperature.
In heat pump applications, the Comfort Plus unit replaces the resistance strip heat or secondary heat, which is typically required as a supplement or backup to heat pump systems, with low cost, off-peak stored heat. As outside temperatures decline the stored heat in the Comfort Plus unit is used in conjunction with the heat pump's heating capacity to satisfy comfort requirements. During on-peak hours or when the demand for heat is at the point where the heat pump alone cannot satisfy the heating requirements, the stored heat is used to supplement the heat pump. The Comfort Plus unit allows the heat pumps efficiency to be utilized even during cooler outdoor temperatures.
The Comfort Plus/Heat Pump system offers significant benefits:
- Provides great comfort 24 hours a day
- Provides for a high efficiency, low cost heating and cooling system all in one
- Optimizes system performance by allowing the heat pump's efficiency to be fully utilized
- Eliminates the cool discharge air temperatures associated with heat pump systems during low outdoor temperatures
- The Comfort Plus/Heat Pump combination, when used with off-peak electric rates, is the most economical heating and cooling system available.